P. Susheela forms a trust
Mrs. P. Susheela forms a trust in her name to
confer awards to eminent personalities in music industry and to
help needy students/artists in music field.
In a press meet on Nov 2, 2008, Mrs. P. Susheela
said that she has started this Trust because she wanted to give
back something to the music world for having brought her to the
position she is in now. Every year, the Trust will give awards
to talented Indian male and female playback singers. Members of
the Trust are MS Viswanathan, Vairamuthu, Balasaraswati Devi and
The objectives of this trust are:
- To advance Indian Culture and Literature, service of this
country for the benefits of our nation.
- To function as a non-commercial trust and as a secular organization.
- To help financially and give pensions to old and needy artists
of music field (Vocal or Instrumental)
- To establish, maintain and run music colleges and academies
of fine arts.
- To confer P. Susheela award to one eminent personality in
the field of music every year.
- To sponsor music programs/music CDs and cassettes, etc. which
promote and advance Indian culture (film, light, folk and classical)
- To help the poor and needy students of merit in music by means
of financial support for the academic studies in music (Vocal
or Instrumental) and also presenting them the required music
- To help the poor and needy artists of music who require medical
- To bring biographies and documentaries of legendary artists
of music which will be a factor of inspiration to the next and
- To maintain a library of music (both books and CDs of all
types of music and musicians)
If you would like to make contributions to Mrs. P. Susheela's
trust, please make payment to the following trust account.
Account Name: P. Susheela Trust
Swift Code: SBININBB316
Account No. : 30437212268
SORT Code: 1880 (if required)